Hi Folks:

Been using N1MM Logger for the past several years since most of my DOS PCs
have bit the dust and TRLog doesn't support Windoze (yes, I'm well aware that
TR4W was written for Windoze, but it's not 'ready for prime time yet).

When I WAS using TRLOG (way back then...) I become mildly addicted to using
the PgUp/PgDn buttons to tune my main VFO instead of having to reach over
(or around) the keyboard to manually access the VFO knob of the radio.  Of
course, N1MM Logger offers this feature with the Up/Dn Arrow keys... BUT...
I'm finding that N1MM seems to send the VFO tune command so INfrequently
to the radio that it'll literally take 10 SECONDS or more to get the K3 to
tune 1kHz in either direction.... e.g. BRUTALLY SLOW QSYing, and certainly
NOT useful in the heat of battle.

I've been in contact with one of the N1MM programmers who has laid all of
the blame on my 1GHz CPU PC, saying it's too slow, or that it's 'bogged down'
with too much other stuff loaded. 1GHz might be too slow (though I shouldn't
be) but when I'm running N1MM Logger, it's the ONLY program running!!!  So
the problem's NOT being overloaded with other conflicting software.

Has anyone else attempted to use the Up/Dn Arrow features of N1MM Logger to
tune their VFO?  If so, did you find it as slow to act/respond as I have
found it to be?  I find it pretty difficult to lay all the blame on the PC
at this time.

73,

Tom Hammond  N0SS