wayne burdick wrote:
> If I add anything like this at all, it will default to OFF in a menu
> entry.
>
> First I have to do some tests to see if in fact there's a problem. Then
> I have to consider hardware vs. firmware changes, keeping in mind that
> only rarely will anyone encounter such circumstances.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR

How many K3s are mobile, how many are used instead of a 2 meter radio
talking car to car bumper to bumper,  or sitting under someones antenna
in the driveway.   I sure do not want my K3 to act as a 897 or any other
peanut radio,  I would have bought one of those if I did.
As the K3 sits now it can handle stronger signals than any other radio while
hearing a weak signal with no problems,  using diodes has been
nothing but IMD and distortion products all over the band in the old
radios I
have tried in the past.  No diodes please.  Remember all those upgrades to
radios that changed out the diodes in the front end, filter switching
etc. due
to IMD products etc. ?
I think Elecraft makes a product for that called an antenuator,
buy one and stick it on the front end if the signal is too strong.
Or use the gift of manual dexterity to turn down the volume/gain.
I think the thread mutated as usual into one report and many replies
that are not the same problem.
Sure more pressing issues to deal with on the K3.   Rare is good on a
steak,
rare is not so good when dealing with a customer base.  Gain one, loose
many.
nuff said.    Merv KH7C