From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Rudy Bakalov
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:07 PM
To: 'Elecraft Reflector'
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA-800 & KPA 1500

This is a great, healthy discussion that can help determine the need for an
Elecraft branded amp. If we can't come up with a good set of features that
are not met by current products, then perhaps it will be difficult to make
the case there should be an Elecraft made amp.

My dream product is a SO2R appliance that does all the RX/TX switching
between 2 radios, including bandpass filters and remote antenna selection.
1500 W out, no time limit, RTTY included.  Think of a 1500 W version of SPE,
plus built-in W3NQN filters and Array Solution's SixPack.  2 inputs, 2 CATs,
2 PTTs, 6 or 10 remotely controlled outputs.

Currently, there is not product that comes even close to such feature set.

Rudy N2WQ