This sounds like you are damaging the screws slightly when you loosen/
tighten them? Presumably, before they started rusting, the bare metal
was shining through the black?
If that is the case (sorry, no pun intended), then I suggest you don't
have a good Philips #1 screwdriver and its 'caming' out a little!
Although the paint has come off my holes in places, the screws are
just fine. The screw should be a real snug fit on the driver, I can
pick screws up with mine and it's not magnetic.
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
The lame man who keeps the right road outstrips the runner who takes a
wrong one. The more active and swift the latter is, the further he