Correct, Van. The default for DIGOUT1 is floating (high resistance), or
OFF. If turned ON for a given band/antenna, it will provide a low-Z
path to ground to control an external switch. You may need an
additional series resistor depending on the switch type.

Among other possibilities, DIGOUT1 could be used to turn on an external
preamp (like our PR6) or do supplemental antenna switching.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On May 25, 2009, at 9:30 AM, van fair wrote:

> Can anyone confirm that my understanding of DIGOUT1  is correct.  I
> think that when turned on for each band by going to the band setting
> antenna to 1 or 2 and then turning it on or off, the following will be
> true.
>
>  When Off  for any band pin 11 will not go to ground with pin 5  and
> nothing will happen, When turned on for a band, when going to that
> band pin 11 will go to ground with pin 5 thereby providing a switch
> which can be used to cycle a transistor switch on and off depending on
> band setting.  Am I correct and if not what does happen. Thanks Van
> W4GIW

---

http://www.elecraft.com