Everyone is 59(9) in a contest.  There are keyers out there that
handle serial numbers.  As one example;
http://www.idiompress.com/K5.html

I am sure there are more.

Signal reports only have relative value, especially in a contest.  The
fact that a contest station down the street with stacked beams and
multiple towers can pick you up 599 +20dB, is no indicator that my low
dipole can pick you up.

It is as they say, all relative.

73 es gud DX

Dave Wilburn