Hi Greg,

Make sure you're not in TX TEST mode, and that the PWR control is set
to the desired level.

If CW Type is using the "KY" (CW/data keying) ASCII control command,
note that sending a '<' character puts the rig into TX TEST, and '>'
restores normal TX operation. You can test this using K3 Utility's
Command Tester screen, e.g.:

    KY <TEST >NORM;

The above line should send "TEST" in CW with no power output, then
"NORM" at the PWR knob setting.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Jun 2, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Greg Storms wrote:

> I have the computer connected via the RS-232.  HRD is working fine so I
> don't suspect anything wrong with the connection.  When I send a letter
> the red transmit indicator on the K-3 lights as if it were transmitting
> but no RF out.  VOX is on.
>
> 73,
>
> Greg
> KD7SRC