Lately there has been some discussion about how much gain to add when
compensating for loss in the K3's individual crystal filters. The
general guideline is "as little as possible." I'd suggest starting with
0 and working up to as high as a few dB only if it seems necessary.

Narrow bandwidths themselves create a psychoacoustic "gain" effect, so
you don't really have to make up for the entire loss relative to wide
filters. Also, excessive gain can in extreme cases worsen the
performance of DSP signal processing, such as noise reduction (NR).
Finally, AGC tends to flatten signal amplitudes in general, further
reducing the need for per-filter compensation.

While I'm on this topic, I'd also like to suggest using a minimum of
both RX and TX EQ. The '0' levels were carefully determined
empirically, and in most cases the optimal values will be well below
the maximum range provided. Unless you have an aural sensitivity issue
in some pitch range, or a serious mic deficiency, I'd stay between +/-
6 dB. As with filter gain settings, excessive values can result in
adverse interaction with the DSP.

And yes, there will be per-mode RX EQ in a future firmware revision.
Thanks for all the suggestions on this.

73,
Wayne
N6KR