Hello Joel!

> I recently added a digital voice module to my K3. It does everything it is
> advertised to do, and does it very well.
>
> One question occurs to me. The off the air recording feature is a real plus
> and will be handy. Is there any way to extract a useful digital copy of the
> recorded audio in a way that would be downloadable to the connected PC and
> then stored in an easily recoverable way?

I am not hopeful this can be done on a practical basis. The logic would
be pretty convoluted.  We'd have to snatch a small sample from the DVR
Flash, then buffer it in the DSP, then push it out the serial port to a
PC, which would need an application written to slurp up the RS232 data.
  After many iterations we could get the data across.  The PC would then
need a program to convert the data into some sort of recognizable, raw
samples.  I suspect a .WAV file is the most likely wrapper that could
then be put around it.

Thus, it requires MCU code for the K3, plus DSP code, plus a PC program.

> I know the audio could be resampled and stored using a sound card and PC
> software, but that would add another A/D conversion. It would be nice to be
> able to send someone the original data as a PC file of the way they sound,
> rather than sending it over the air.

I suspect resampling would add very little noise compared to the radio
link.  I suspect this is the best bet, again on a practical basis.

Sorry I can't be more positive :-(

73,

Lyle KK7P