Now that 6 and 10 meters have been open to Europe and Africa, I frequent
these bands for the first time in the six months of owning a factory built K3
radio.

What I've discovered and reported to factory tech support is a very noticable
hash noise
while in the receive mode with any bandwidth centered around 28.000 MHz to
28.050 MHz.  And, it is also
present while tuning RIT.  It sounds like synthesizer switching noise and its
repetition rate increses when the VFO is set to fine
tuning. I do not hear it on any other band.  I also don't hear it over the
entire 10 meter band, just the region as stated.

Is this in other K3s or is there something going on that needs attention in
only my radio?  I called factory tech support over a week ago.  Since they have
not come up with an answer it seemed time to open it up to a wider group of
users.

Thanks

73,

John,  W1QS