> Looks like making C8 a little bigger (like 10uF) would help to reduce
> some of the turn on pop that you see on the speakers when powering the
> unit on...

This capacitor value also affects the behavior of the speaker amplifier
when headphones are inserted/removed.  The present value was arrived at
after a lot of testing with the Field Test group prior to product release.

Many years ago I developed the habit of always turning AF Gain to
minimum when I turn any radio off in my ham shack (or media room,
or...), and ensuring it is low before turning any radio on.  Like
wearing a seat belt, it's probably not necessary -- but then comes the
one time you're glad you did :-)

73,

Lyle KK7P