generally be hundreds of feed away and if you are tuning it - that means
balanced line (twin lead.)

[Elecraft] OT: Balanced Feedlines

Joe Planisky jplan at jeffnet.org
Thu Jul 16 21:20:12 EDT 2009
I know it doesn't answer the question you asked, but RG-8/RG-213 has a
loss of about 0.85 dB/100 ft at 20m. Your 3:1 SWR will add a little
less than 0.4 dB additional loss for a total loss of 1.25 dB.  Is the
added hassle of running balanced line worth the extra 1.1 dB?  Are
there other reasons you want to use balanced line?

73
--
Joe KB8AP