I am trying to help a friend configure n1mm to work with his k3. My k3 works
fine with n1mm from both my desktop and laptop. They both use a serial db9 to
db9 connection. My friends laptop has no serial connection. We are using the
KUSB with drivers downloaded from the link on Elecraft's software page. Using
the same config I use for my pc/k3 (Off-DTR &4800b in the k3 and 4800,n,8,1;
dtr=cw rts=off) when we start n1mm we get errors from n1mm such as EntryWindow
(CommPort Dev_OnComm-6). Also intermittently we can connect and read to rig
info. But mostly we don't seem to connect. I got the comm port nr from Device
mgr.

What are we doing wrong?

Joe
k4nvj