Standard 15" LCD monitors with a resolution of 1024 x 768 are available
on eBay for next to nothing ( less than $50 shipped).  Your next best
choice would be a modern 15.6" monitor with a resolution of 1366  x
768.  My local Walmart carries a decent one for only $98.  Consumer
tastes are leaning toward 19" monitors and these are now the predominant
configuration.  Typically with a 1440 x 900 resolution although some are
higher at 1680 x 1050. The 19" is so common now that good mail order
dealers sell them for $99 + shipping. (newegg.com for example).

I use a 19" 1680 x 1050 Acer monitor for my station computer and find it
quite satisfactory.

Regards,

Doug -- K0DXV
(Master computer geek and Big Blue lifer)