> It's not true that once signals get through the xtal filter
> they cannot be removed.  A DSP filter CAN remove them...after
> all, the FLEX radio works without ANY roofing filter!

That's not true.  Even the Flex will not be able to remove a
-50 dBm signal (S9 +20) and allow you to copy a -135 dBm signal
(at the noise floor) 50 or 100 Hz away.  That's a blocking issue
not an IMD issue.  True IMD requires two or more interfering
signals with a specific relationship and with narrow filters
one of the two tones is almost never inside the filter.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV