"The elbow should rest on the desk and the fingers on the key's knob. "

I couldn't disagree more!  I have always taught as I was taught that the key
is at the edge of the desk and no part of your body touches the desk, except
perhaps the other hand.  The forearm should be horizontal, sit up straight
and relax the shoulders.  It's very similar to typing.  The telegraphers of
old had to send for hours and this is the way they did it; I was one once.

73

David
G3UNA