Brian,

Thanks for that reminder.  I built a Q-Multiplier at the 85 kHz IF in
one receiver I built long ago and it really worked great.  When you
really cranked it up, it would ring, but then a bit of ringing was
preferable to no copy.  I never measured the minimum width because I did
not have the equipment at the time, but it certainly did work.

73,
Don W3FPR