Another high end option you might want to look into is one of the
Etymotic Research models.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er4.aspx

I have a pair of ER4S's that I have used for years with iPods for air
travel.  It does wonders to passively attenuate crying babies, etc.,
and the frequency response is outstanding.  A lot of audiophiles like
these earbuds.

While I haven't built my KX1 yet (just purchased it at the Santa
Barbara ARRL gathering last weekend from the Elecraft table), I plan
on using these with my KX1 once I have completed building it.

I think the ER4P's might be the way to go if purchasing specifically
for the KX1, since it has a 10 db gain over the regular ER4S's.  You
can click on the link on the right that says "Which ER4 is Right for
You?" to read more about the differences.

I see the company now has various active noise canceling earbuds as
well now, so that may be another option to look into.

I have no affiliation with Etymotic Research other than being a very
satisfied customer.