Hi,

My K2 is slightly over four years old.  I only use it for portable operations
about once per month.  It has all the bells and whistles including DSP and all
needed mods are installed.  I power it with an external battery through an MFJ
battery booster.  I had to add the booster because as the battery voltage would
drop below about 11.5 volts at the radio I would get reports of transmitted
audio distortion.  I now get good audio reports on my transmitted audio.  Since
I've added the booster when I set the display function to show the DSP
parameters there is a crackling buzzing sound in the received audio.  The other
display settings do not cause the noise.  Apparently there is no ill effect
other than the annoying noise.  Has anyone experienced this previously?  Any
idea as to what is causing the noise and how to get rid of it.

Thank you.  Have a good day and 73.

Jim, W0EM