hi glenn...  since i'm one of the SSB operating folks who is having
problems with 3.27 NR (but not 3.25) i'm wondering if you might
answer some questions:

1.  can you tell me your rig serial no/when it was mfg
2.  what setting(s) are you using under NR and do you have AGC Fast
or AGC Slow?
3.  without NR on, what's the background noise S-level, and how much
above that (if any) is the audio signal you're trying to pull out
4.  are you using the 2.7 or 2.8khz roofing filter
5.  what settings do you have BW/SHIFT/Hi/Low set at
6.  when you turn NR on, what do you hear?  (instant clean audio or a
slow build-up?  any echo effects or other audible artifacts?)
7.  are you listening through the internal speaker/external
speaker/phones and if stereo, do you have AFX on (and what setting)
8.  have you altered your factory AGC settings under CONFIG from the
defaults and if so, what settings are you using?
9.  are you using a flat RX eq curve, or have you made any changes?
10.  there is no question 10.

i'm being a pain in the &ss i know, so many thanks in advance for any
info you can provide (and anyone else who is liking/loving 3.27 for
SSB if you could answer these questions, that'd be great too!)

73, Glenn!
robin (K9RDG)