On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 09:20:51 -0400
"Peter N. Spotts" <kc...@arrl.net> wrote:

>snip<

Many thanks to all! My original question was prompted by an experience
I had as a teenager visiting my uncle in the mid 1960s (oops, the gray
hairs are showing). I was working in his garage, using a metal-housed
electric drill in bare feet on a dry concrete floor. (No cracks about
natural selection at work, please!).

I got a jolt about 2 volts shy of a hairstyle by Boston Edison!
(Although this was in a St. Louis suburb.) So that's what led me to
wonder if an anchor bolt embedded in concrete would constitute a
sufficient ground. It sure seemed to for that drill!

Thanks again for the helpful advice!

With best regards,

Pete

--