From: David Gilbert <xda...@cis-broadband.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Mic and Headset
Cc: "'Elecraft Reflector'" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Date: Sunday, September 6, 2009, 1:13 PM

Same here.  I bought a few different headsets and compared them to each
other and to my MH2 Elecraft hand mic, both via on the air reports and
by listening on another rig in the shack.  Amazingly, the cheapest
headset (URL below) of all of them worked best.  Great audio reports (I
often have people comment on the good audio while I'm running in a
contest), very lightweight with not much pressure on the ears, and a
nice long mic boom with a large foam windsock.  I honestly can't imagine
why anyone would pay more for a headset unless they preferred full-cup
earphones or needed ambient noise cancellation.  I've used this one for
several months and it has held up just fine.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=B451-3010

73,
Dave   AB7E