Hi George:

UNfortunately, if you look at the SCHEMATIC of the PW-1, you will see that the
stepped band/data voltage (paraphrasing one of my daughters) "goes in
one ear and right out the other), and is NEVER TOUCHED (internally)
by the PW-1 as is passes from one ACC connector to the other...

I can (I believe) still provide a copy of the relative portions of
the PW-1 schematic if you wish to review it.  Can't include it here
due to reflector restrictions on attachments, etc.

It appears that the ONLY way to get the PW-1 to actually ACT upon the
K3's band data is to be able to convert it from (K3) BCD to PW-1 CI-V format.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS