On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft <
e...@elecraft.com> wrote:

> Actually, this does apply to diversity RX. I have listened on 80M and 40m
> using two antennas, with different orientation and arrival angle
> optimization, feeding the two K3 receivers, one in each ear. When listening
> to a round table discussion each person appears to sound like they are
> coming from a different direction in 'the room'.

OK...I understand now.  I was thinking of the CW spatial effect with
Binaural AFX having high pitch on one side and low pitch the other side.
Using diversity for DX signals, I find they often shift between one ear and
the other as the signal changes.  The net result it that you can copy a
signal continuously that might be fading in and out if you were using only
one antenna.

I love diversity and use it 99.9% of the time I operate!  Only the K3 and
Flex 5000 have this capability currently.

73,  Bill  W4ZV