Karl,

1.  As many here have said, the K3 already does 0.5 PPM, so where is
your complaint?

2.  If you had not already bought your K3, would you still buy one today
without synchronous AM?  If the answer to that is "no", then I think
possibly you have a somewhat different perspective on the K3 than the
majority of its owners, a fact you might keep in mind when referring to
it's delay as a "broken promise".   And didn't Elecraft already
apologize for prematurely announcing synchronous AM detection anyway??
Maybe I'm confusing that with something else, but if not, it seems that
the topic is being unnecessarily flogged.

I have my own disappointments with certain aspects of the K3 (as well as
the pending P3), but  I must admit I'm surprised at the level of ire
directed toward Elecraft on some of these topics.

73,
Dave   AB7E