I'm sorry, but as both a K3 and TS870 owner, I disagree.  The decision to make
the K3 the size that it is compromised the ergonomics, pure and simple.  That's
an engineering decision, that I as an engineer understand, but nevertheless,
the K3 isn't even close to the '870 in ergonomics.  For example, I have not
once activated the VOX on the '870 while trying to change bands.

I'm also constantly screwing up the memories in the K3 or transmitting CW
messages when I'm trying to recall a memory.  The list goes on, but it's all
related to the multiple functions shared by one button or the requirement to
push two buttons to activate one function.

As to the use of K3-EZ, that's dandy as long as your
 computer isn't being used to run your logging program at the same time and
tying up the serial port.

Wes  N7WS