I am currently reconfiguring my workshop and have two pieces of test
equipment that may be of interest to Elecrafters.

The spectrum analyzer is an HP8568b 1.5 Ghz analyzer with the companion
HP8444a Opt. 59 tracking generator.  The analyzer was purchased from a
calibration shop and was calibrated by them in October of 2006.  This
spectrum analyzer is a classic design and it, and its big brother 8566b
(higher frequency range) ,are still in use in many professional shops.  It
has a bright  and sharp display, is straightforward to use, and is in good
shape cosmetically as well as electrically.  The tracking generator was
purchased separately from the analyzer (Opt. 59 models necessary for use
with the 8568b are somewhat rare).  It works well, but there are a few
scratches on the front panel from trying to remove stickers.  The price for
the combo is $950 plus shipping.  Local pick-up in Alameda, CA would be even
better as the units are heavy. I have photocopied manuals for the spectrum
analyzer.

The signal generator is a Fluke 6080a/an which is good from 100 khz to 1024
Mhz.  These are very nice, full function generators with am/fm/phase/pulse
modulation, and can sweep in frequency and amplitude.  Modulation depth and
deviation are all controllable.  I have digital copies of service and
operation manuals for the Fluke.  The Fluke has two issues.  First, the
plastic handles at the rear of the unit have broken off and the someone
wrote on the top cover with a ball point pen.  The second issue is that the
electrofluorescent display is getting harder to read on one side because the
elements that form the numerals don't turn completely off when they aren't
needed.  Because most settings are made by entering on a key board, this
isn't a big issue, but I want to disclose it.  Because of these issue, I am
willing to sell the Fluke for $250 plus shipping, which is a very low price
for a signal generator of this capability.  The Fluke is built like a tank,
so pick-up is also preferred.

I can send photographs of either unit.

If you are interested, email me off of the reflector.

73

Howard, W1WF
K3/100 now
K2/100 and KX1, before the K3