Those of us over 40 might remember cheap Japanese products being where China
are now - except China are way ahead of most of the rest of the world
already.....

If you want good quality electronics, it probably will come from China. The
K1 does not come from China, but I expect many of the components do.

My PC was made in China - fastest I have ever had and cheapest too. My TV
came from China (ditto) my mobile phone was made in China. and so on.

If there is an Elecraft in China I wish them every success and I expect
Elecraft will too as long as they are not making direct copies.

Mike