> I wonder what the status of the audio 'artifact' or blast is.

Hi Enno

FWIW I have been installing and using the latest Betas as they are
released.  I use headphones at the rig many hours a day and have yet
to experience the blast.  Whatever it is, I'm not triggering it [so
far] on K3 #2887.  It's not an "issue" hr.

Are you saying *you* have heard the blast?  If so, what were you doing
at the time?  What mode, what activity, what controls were you
adjusting or had you recently adjusted?  I suspect more clues about
what triggers the blast will help trace it.

73,
Gary  ZL2iFB