Hi,

I've had my K3 (S/N 3431) up and running about two weeks.  It arrived with
version 3.30 installed.  I'm understanding from reading here on the reflector
that version is beta and is not available for download by K3 owners due to some
unforeseen difficulty.  Two points.  So far I've found no major issues other
than S-2 noise on 20 meter where it's not present on my IC-756ProIII.  On the
other hand I'm somewhat concerned about receiving my radio with unreleased
software making me a unknowing test subject.  Should I revert to an earlier
version to avoid learning about my new radio with unreleased software that will
obviously change in the near future.  Second point, to Elecraft management.  It
seems unwise business practice to provide a product to customers that has not
gone through necessary testing and release and especially without the customers
knowledge.

If I'm misunderstanding something here please help me understand and I do
apologize if I do misunderstand.

Have a good day and 73.

Jim, W0EM