Builders of the STAR rave about the tuning scheme Peter Rhodes has in
it. I built MY version of STAR with my own software and couldn't get my
variable rate stuff to work very well. KK7P is familiar with it, and no
doubt he can do better than I did.

In any case, like everything else under the sun in the K3, you don't
have to get in a big uproar about this: just add a "VARIABLE" choice to
the tuning rate menu and you can decide whether you like it or not.
Personally I was thinking it would be nice to have the "FINE" button
choose 1 Hz tuning rate, and "COURSE" be variable.

Bill