This evening I was working 40 meter CW using a 500 KHz filter and had pushed
the NR button to help out hearing a station, after about 10 seconds I heard
the dreadful screech. The NR was set for F2--4. This is the only time that I
after heard it. I was using ear phones but luckily I only wear them half on
most of the time. I hope the new firmware version coming out will cure this
problem.

Thanks to the people at Elecraft for the work that you do.

Len K3LJ