George,

I certainly have no clue about your XV series question.

But for the KAT100 --
I don't recall the manual saying anything about "future" additions to
the KAT100.
There are 2 models of the KAT100  the -1 and the -2.  The -2 has
connectors that fit into the locations that are vacant on the -1 model.
That should be a 10 pin header and 2 large 2 pin connectors.  Those are
for connecting to the KPA100 when the KAT100 and KPA100 are mounted in
the same EC2 enclosure.

Yes, there is one vacant DIP socket, but it has no intended purpose - it
is 'just there'.

73,
Don W3FPR