Well after getting discouraged I decided to take some time off from my KX1
project.  After about 3 months I decided to get back at at with a little
encouragement from Gary.

I was having trouble with the receiver alignment, no signal.  I decided to
go to the manual and review each step of the receiver build process and
check for the obvious, wrong part installed and so on.  The first thing I
found was I never installed R2x, then in a close inspection I found L10 was
cracked, crikey!  So I installed the missing resistor and ordered a new L10.
After installing L10 this morning I was amazed to hear a signal on my radio.
I have not had time for the alignment yet but I will get to it this
afternoon.

So I hope to get finished and on the air soon, so I can frustrate everyone
with my poor morse.  Another learning process.

73,  Ed  KE7HGA