Oh well, here is my 2 cents worth...(:-))

When operating portable (99 percent of the time in my case) it is not always
practical to run a Laptop and during a 24 hour contest there will be battery
issues to contend with.
Sure, I could run the Genset, but why bother when the K3 has a great DVR that
will handle the job nicely without the aid of Mr. Gates and his unreliable box
of techno-gizmo's....(:-))

I am not interested in sitting in front of a PC and punching buttons all thru a
contest. Point, Click, F this and then F that etc....just does not get me fired
up. I enjoy the human interaction of HF DX and pitting my skills against the
rest. A trophy or an award are great ways to recognise a job well done in a
contest, but for me, I prefer to operate without a PC and if that costs me
QSO's and points then I am still happy as I feel a sense of personal
achievement and to me, that's what counts most.

I admire those of you who stay awake for the entire contest, you deserve
congratulations, but for me, I may be slow, but boy oh boy I still have fun.

The DVR gives my throat a rest and a chance to sip on a nice cold beer, all
that plus having fun in the "Outback"

73's
Gary
VK4WT/P In the Motorhome