Ken,

That information is a bit sketchy - I don't know the accuracy of your
frequency counter.  Did the CAL FCTR frequency display change at all
when adjusting C22?  If it did not change at all, then you may have a
faulty C22 (it does not change capacity), but if it did change, then I
will ask again about your confidence in your external counter's accuracy.

Your PLL range seems to be OK, and yes the BFO range is a bit on the
high side, but that may change a bit once you are able to get the C22
adjustment correct.

In any case, you can continue the build while the problem is being
discussed and (hopefully) resolved.  The correct C22 setting will affect
the dial calibration accuracy, but other than that, the other functions
will still work fine business even though the frequency display may be a
bit in error.

Just remember these items, and if necessary, resolve them later.

Once you have completed the K2, and can receive 10 MHz WWV, you can set
the 4 MHz reference oscillator very accurately using only the K2 and WWV
(which removes many variables).  See my website www.w3fpr.com article on
K2 dial calibration for the details of how to do that.  The instructions
in the manual are OK, but are written assuming no external equipment
(and no complex instructions).  It is worth going the 'extra mile' to
get things better than that obtained by the manual instructions.

73,
Don W3FPR