I recently completed a K3 kit. All is well except that occasionally and
unpredictably, RF output drops to zero. This can happen whether I'm operating
barefoot, driving my Alpha, when simplex, or when split. If simplex, then going
to split and back to simplex will often result in restoration of RF output, and
vice versa, i.e., when split, going back to simplex and then split again will
often help. Cycling the radio's power on and off will resolve the problem
sometimes, too. This behavior is NOT seen with my other HF radios on the same
amplifier and antenna system, so it must be something in the K3. Has anyone
seen this problem and, if so, resolved it? Does anyone have any suggestions
before I might have to ask the guys at Elecraft to look at it? Thanks in
advance for any help.
73,
Jeff, K6JW