Hello Leigh,

It is nothing complicated.  I measured the size of battery mount of KBT2 and
bought 3 retangular shape Li-po cells to fill up the mount.

For charging circuity, I just used what Don W3FPR mentioned in his webpage.  Of
course, the best way to charge the Li-Po cells is to use an intelligent balance
charger which usually can be found in radio control players.

The danger of using Li-po cells is usually related to overcharging or over
discharging.  In any event, charge the Li-po cells with a intelligent charger
with both voltage and current control.

cheers,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
寄件人﹕ Leigh L. Klotz Jr WA5ZNU <le...@wa5znu.org>
收件人 elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期﹕ 六, 10月 17, 2009 2:15:58 AM
主題: Re: [Elecraft] [K2] Re: has the k2 a future?

Johnny,
Do you have pictures posted?  I remember when you started this project and
I'd like to see how it worked out.

Presonally I lean more toward LiFePO4; although they have a lower energy
density than the Li-Po (though higher power density) they reportedly are
safer in conditions of over/under charge and mechanical stress.

Leigh/WA5ZNU

      Yahoo!香港提供網上安全攻略,教你如何防範黑客! 請前往 http://hk.promo.yahoo.com/security/ 了解更多!