Hello Dick!

An SDR program called Winrad is capable of exactly what you thought.
It is a function called "despread" aimed for weak-signal copying (EME and
such)

http://www.sdrham.com/winrad/index.html
It's freeware working with several SDR receivers but you can also feed K3
audio into it.

There's a good audio example of "re-synthesized CW" on this page.

73'
Paul
PD0PSB