Snip

This has to be one of the silliest threads EVER! I think the indications that
you are working split are clear enough, but if you go back and read the
original post that started it, the OP complained that he had FORGOTTEN to
engage split several times and suggested that a clearer indication of split
activation would help avoid the error.

What the OP actually wants is a reminder that split is NOT activated when it
should have been. This can clearly only be achieved by making the K3
clairvoyant so that it knows how the station you have just tuned to is
operating.

If a user forgets to check that split is enabled when it is needed then I
don't think even a fanfare of trumpets when it IS enabled will help. The
only solution is to "engage brain before operating radio."

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3

End Snip

Sometimes there is a real need to call a spade a shovel!

Yes, this has to be the silliest thread ever.

Unless you get up sleep walking in the middle of the night, turn on the K3 and
start transmitting....

Perhaps some need a sign above their radio that states "Engage Brain before
setting Mouth in Motion"...Hmmmm, I can make those, orders anyone?

73's

Gary
VK4WT/P "In the Motorhome"
Sent via BlackBerry® from Telstra