From: Microsoft Online Customer Service
To: Jim
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:09 AM
Subject: RE: SRX1115380891ID - Compatibility with software written for
earlier versions of Windows

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Service.

I appreciate you for the time taken to write back to us.

Most programs written for earlier versions of Windows also work in Windows
7. If an older program does not run correctly or does not install on Windows
7, start the Program Compatibility troubleshooter, which simulates an
earlier version of Windows. You can run the wizard on the setup program
itself if the program does not install, or you can run the wizard on the
program if it installs but does not run correctly. For more information,
please visit the below web link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

You have one more option,  which is Windows XP Mode. This feature is
included in certain editions of Windows 7 (Windows 7 Professional,
Enterprise, or Ultimate) and using Windows XP Mode, you can run programs
that were designed for Windows XP. To know more information about Windows
XP, please visit the below web link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

If you have any queries regarding compatibility, you may contact our
Presales team. You can reach them at: (800) 426-9400. They are available
from Monday through Friday 6:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. Pacific Time.

James, I hope the provided information is helpful.

Thank you,

Prakash
Microsoft Customer Service Representative

If you have any feedback about your Online Customer Service experience,
please send it to my manager, Harpreet Singh, by clicking the link below.
Please be sure to include the name of my manager in the subject field.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=6998852