Just curious how you know that the LP100 is accurate?

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Stewart
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:45 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 SWR Accuracy - reprise

Hi,
Now traffic on the new K3 Macro functions has somewhat died down,
I would like to raise again the issue of the K3's SWR measurement
accuracy.

I did some tests using dummy loads and a LP-100 meter as follows.

The dummy load is a precision 100W one which I measured with a VNA
and has a VSWR of <1.03 from 1 to 30 Mhz. To simulate a 2:1 VSWR
I used another dummy load (not quite as good) in parallel.

The K3 output was from ANT1 using the internal ATU. The ATU was
automatically tuned to 1:1 on all bands.
The results I got for 2:1 VSWR are as follows:-

               LP-100           K3
160         1.99                1.8
80           1.99                1.8
60           1.99                1.8
40           1.95                1.8
30           1.97                1.6
20           1.97                1.4
17           1.97                1.3
15           1.96                1.2
12           1.96                1.5
10           1.96                1.4

As can be seen my K3 SWR indication consistently under reads.
However, it really gets bad on 20,17 & 15.

 From previous replies I understand that this under reading would
be compensated for in the firmware, sometime in the future .

Is this still on the list of problems to be addressed ?

73
Stewart G3RXQ