Chris Gibson-3 wrote:

> On a small number of occasions recently I've been working (what I believed
> to be) split on CW, and been embarassed to find that I've transmitted on
> the
> DX frequency. At first I put this down to senior moments, but now that I
> have had the same thing happen on RTTY, I am increasingly (if not totally)
> convinced that the K3 has reverted from split to unsplit of its own
> accord.

Have you programmed a MACRO using SWH13?  If so, this will toggle you in and
out of SPLIT when you go in and out of the MACRO, which may not be what you
intended.  I got caught on this recently and switched to FT0 to positively
turn SPLIT off without using a toggle command (thanks Dick K6KR).

My most recent version of SPLIT+2 and cleanup:

SPLIT+2
SB0;SWT13;SWT13;FT1;LK1;UPB5;RT0;XT0;SB1;BW0035;BW$0080;MN111;MP001;MN255
(Original Split+2 but with different BWs, MIX A Ab and LOCK VFOa)

DIVON        SB0;FT0;LK0;SB1;MN111;MP000;MN255;DV1;
(Cleanup to return to normal DIVRSTY by resetting MIX to A b and removing
VFOa LOCK).

I previously had SWH13 in place of FT0 in DIVON and SPLIT would toggle each
alternate time I cycled through the MACROs.

73,  Bill