Howdy,

After a long break, the summer, I finally finished my KX1 #2140. Two rookie
mistakes but I finally figured it out.

I installed the KXAT1 tuner and had a question on the output power indicated
on the RF scale.  When I am running on batteries the power output on 20m is
2 bars or if I understand the manual correctly that would be about 1 watt.
Using my AC adapter I get 4 bars or 2 watts.  On 20m I get 2.5 watts on the
batteries and 3 watts on AC.  Does this sound about right?

Next, when you change bands I believe you have to tune the antenna to the
new band is that correct?

The cw study is coming along but I don't feel confident enough to give it a
try just yet.

Thanks in advance.

73,  Ed KE7HGA