Don Wilhelm-4 wrote:

> John,
>
> I believe that HRD and DM780 does not provide a path for audio, you must
> use something like Skype in addition to hear the audio on the local
> computer.
>
> 73,
> Don W3FPR
>
> John K9UWA wrote:
>> I have my K3 hooked to a computer and all functions on it work fine
>> through Ham Radio Deluxe and DM780 with an attached
>> K1EL Keyer.
>>
>> I am then attempting to access this K3 and its computer over my in home
>> network from another computer. This one they call the
>> Local Computer. I have the Computer control of the radio plus the keying
>> with the WnKey keyer. including the waterfall visual
>> of the radio signal from within the DM780 program ... but NO Audio is
>> heard from the speakers of this local computer. The
>> soundcard works you can listen to any CD or off the web videos etc... but
>> I can't get the audio from the K3  so I am missing
>> something someplace?
>>
>> Can anyone tell me what I need to set up?

Skype though good quality is a bit complicated if you just want to send
audio across a home network. I use a program called IP-Sound. It was written
by an SM amateur who no longer has a website but if you google it there is a
download link on DX Zone or one of those ham radio links websites.

If you only want to listen to receive audio and you are using Windows Remote
Desktop then I believe it is possible to set that up to relay the remote
audio to the local computer.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com