The real rub for USB serial converters is poor drivers and poor
individual bios, taken together with an a Windows OS that historically
does poorly with critical slow-speed hardware timing.

I've watched K3 programs and the K3 be blamed over and over on this
reflector, but we are making Aptos responsible for poor code by
Microsoft, hardware manufacturers, and bios writers.  The only
question that can really be aimed at Elecraft is whether Aptos app
builders can talk to the very willing K3 *IN SPITE OF* an individual
driver, bios, or OS.

Every time the OS changes, and with every new motherboard, we get to
start over from scratch.  And blame Elecraft.  Perhaps it's what they
get for being the only one of those who can actually be talked to?

73, Guy.