Many years ago, I build a full size vertical for 160 M with 19 full length
radials, see, "W6SAI HF antenna handbook, section 6-17".  OK so far.  In
testing, I found the ground currents and the close in field substantial at 1
KW.  One of the storage building was about 60 feet from the base of the tower
and one night the wife was out there cleaning up some gardening efforts right
next to a rack that had 8 foot flourescent tubes, Are you ready?

I keyed the amplifier and called CQ.  At the end of my CQ, there was my wife
standing in the doorway and looked like a ghost of the scarecrow with some
liquid dripping off her head and covered with lawn seed she was putting away.

Needless to say the tubes lit off by the RF had startled her.  We didn't talk
about that for a long time, until the next Halloween.  I keyed the transmitter
with a long memory CQ and then you can see me with a sheet over my head running
around the back yard between the houses waving 8 foot tubes that were looking
like Skywalker and his light sabers.  The neighbor kids didn't come to our
house that night.

Memories of times past,

Mel, K6KBE