It came as a surprise when a 40m pile up in the recent contest resulted
in distorted audio on my K3, this only occurred when I was in the thick
of it, multiple S9+ signals in the passband, with a 250 Hz filter and
DSP bandwidth around 100 Hz. This happened on 3 or 4 occasions, no NR,
no NB. A query to Wayne and Lyle resulted in a reminder to use SOFT AGC
which isn't the default setting. It wasn't a big issue and another K3
owner noted the same with his K3, so perhaps the default needs changing
to SOFT?

Not only is the K3 quite good with regard to key clicks, the synthesizer
noise level is much less than most of the competition, look at the ARRL
reviews for the "Spectral display of the K3/100
transmitter during keying sideband testing" or the equivalent for the
other transceivers. When you are 2 miles from a non K3 using running 1.5
KW on 80m CW, the resultant bandwidth of that transmitter can reach +/-
50 KHz, if it was 10 or more dB lower life would be much more pleasant.
Many stations here in the UK, and perhaps elsewhere, ignore the power
limits (400 Watts in the case of the UK)...

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80