I recently used the frequency measurement facility of the new WSPR software
to calibrate my K3, and got into a discussion with an amateur who turns out
to be to be the former Head of Standards in British Telecom. He pointed out
a few things that are probably obvious to the more technically minded of you
already, like the fact that even if I get the calibration spot on at that
moment in time, even the 0.5ppm specification of the TCXO option means that
the calibration could vary by up to 25Hz at 50MHz.

I live 10 miles from the 60KHz MSF frequency and time standard transmitter
so it would be rather cool to build a receiver for this and lock the K3
reference oscillator to it. I see that there is a blanked off hole for an
external frequency reference on the back of the K3. What would be necessary
to make use of this?

Is the local oscillator for the 144MHz transverter module derived from the
main K3 master oscillator, so it would also benefit from the ability to lock
the reference oscillator?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com