Tubes!  We don't need no stinkin' Tubes!

I always thougt the Elecraft Reflector was almost like a homebrew reflector.  I
for one, am getting back into tube technology ... refurbishing older
equipment.  It is is quite fun and delightful.   Also, I can slop solder and
smell smoke.  The Drake 2B is sweet

So, with that said...how about 4 X 807s  Let see...100ma each ... that would be
400 ma at 600 volts...240 watts input....65% efficient....156 watts.  Close
enoough.

Lee - K0WA  :>)

Hi Lee,

Yes, kinda reluctant to juice the radio, no need to fry the PA.

I was thinking well under $700 hihi. Thought I had seen some 200W kits offered
a while back but couldn't find them again. They may not go as low as 160 either.

Trying to stay away from tubes since I got rid of most of my related junk.

We'll see, if nothing sounds viable without a headache, I'll stick with what I
have...

Happy Holidays and see ya on the bands!

73,
Julius